Jane Pickard, Chris Pointon, Clr.Robert McConnell, Richard Moore, Bernie Bullbrook, Rod Brown
Apologies for absence.
Pat Fisher, Ann Ridley, Jeff Avis, James Slattery-Kavanagh, Clr.Jeremy Baker, Clr. Geraldine Evans, Clover Williams, Ann Orange
Rod Brown agreed to take the chair.
Minutes: accepted, with the addition of Rod Brown to the list of apologies.
Matters Arising (1) As there had not been a quorum for two meetings, it was agreed to delay the formal vote for treasurer and give notice of it on the March agenda. (2) Agreed to congratulate Pat Fisher and Gabrielle Garton Grimwood on the Christmas Lights event last year and ask Pat to lead on the bid to get improved lights this year.
Councillors' reports As Robert McConnell had come with a number of items, he was asked to raise them straight away:
1. Local Implementation Plan. This is a plan for transport. A copy was handed to JP. RM raised the issue of the York Road cross-roads pedestrian phase which it was rumoured TfL had refused to allow. JP to email Val Shawcross about it.
2. A proposal to turn Broxholm and Glennie roads one-way at the Leigham Court Road end. RM had asked officers to consult more widely, including NAG. Agreed that it seemed unhelpful to have only partial one-way traffic and that the traffic entering L. Court Rd might back up too much and affect road safety.
3. A pedestrian refuge on Knight's Hill was proposed only yards from a new crossing about to go in. Agreed this was unnecessary.
4. Norwood High Street was to get a pelican crossing by the railway bridge.
5. Lansdowne Hill: Agreed JP to write to Martin Sachs, Tim Jackson and councillors pleading for a priority system and the bridge to be strengthened.
315 bus : discussed the plans to stop hail-and-ride (opposed) and the York Hill works. RM to contact Press. JP to ask Pat Fisher to continue with email campaign.
Tulse Hill Survey
We approved the summary sheet to accompany the Area Committee presentation on 17 February. Agreed that JP would produce another hand-out on NAG's views about the survey and the fact that it wanted to focus on disabled access. Agreed to contact various organisations, including disability groups, to identify a source of funding for a proper feasibility study. Also agreed to campaign for more east-west bus routes.
AOB RM said Lambeth housing was arguing against concentrating £10 million of crime prevention money on Gipsy Hill where there were two of the borough's three most crime-ridden estates. Agreed to support moves by RM to get money targeted where the crime was worst.
Next meeting: 8 March, 7.30pm at Lancaster's Wine Bar basement, Norwood Road.